It is that time of the season where I begin to get calls asking about power raking and dethatching. Many people interchange the two terms and have an idea that they are both the same lawn maintenance procedure. Although power raking and dethatching are similar, they are also two different services that each serve its own purpose for making sure a lawn has optimum growth.
I like how this article on ehow.com explains that although the two concepts are similar, they are different to an extent: "Power raking differs from dethatching in extent. While dethatching tears deeply into the soul, removing both dead layers and healthy root systems, power raking is a gentle process design[ed] to tear out only the grass material at the surface of the soil." See: http://www.ehow.com/about_5114936_power-raking.html#ixzz1qR51M77o
And according to Nutrilawn.com-
"Dethatching and power raking are both performed with the same machine. The difference in the two services is how deep the cutting knives are set on the dethatcher, as well as the type of cutting knives used. Dethatching generally involves the use of flail type blades that are designed to rip out excessive thatch. [Whereas] Power Raking generally involves using fixed knife type blades that slice the thatch as opposed to ripping it out."
I hope this information was helpful... Give me a call and I'd be happy to review with you what you need to have done to make sure you can enjoy your lawn to its fullest extent this season. I use professional equipment to perform the thatch processes and would be happy to discuss with you what other options may be needed to make sure your lawn is lush and healthy.
Have a great day and hopefully the sun will peek out and see us in our Spokane area soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment